24/04/2014

My First Date

"Hey GL"Le crush pinged."Hi dear, how are you?" I replied happily. "The mumu couldn't even call me something sweet for once... nawa o" I thought sadly. "Err, I was wondering if you would be free on Friday by 1pm..." he wrote. "Sure! I am..." I replied happily."Anything for you boo", I added in my mind. I dare not tell him I have a crush on him. Lai lai! I can't let my  ego be dragged into the mud on top boy-matter. I'd rather keep it to myself...and my girlfriends. That was it sha. I started preparing for my first date with my crush. "Maybe he's crushing on you too", my friends teased. The thought brought life to my cheeks a little. Gosh! I can blush for India.

Back to my  preparations, the first on my list was what to wear. I went through my wadrobe and no cloth seemed appropriate for my first date with Le crush. I quickly rushed to the closest ATM point to check my account balance. Friday was just 4 days away. My account was blinking red but I didn't mind... All for love. I pinged my close friend and in less than an hour, we were in the nearest market shopping for a befitting outfit. I was too anxious and excited.

Friday came and he called.I took a last look at myself through the mirror and smiled a smile satisfaction.I got outside and saw him looking so handsome in a simple polo and denim trousers. As usual he smiled at me."wow GL is this you? You're looking more beautiful than ever" ,"oshey fans" I said quickly entering the car before he notices I'm blushing. He entered the car and off we went. "GL, err... I have something to tell you" "Yes? What is it?", I flashed a smile at him, flaunting my dimples. "Wow, how come I'm just noticing you had cute dimples?" he said, smiling. "Tha...." I was about replying when I felt a tap on my lap. "GL, are you listening to me at all?" Ooh shit!! He interuppted my beautiful daydream. I forced a fake smile "Errrm, I didn't hear u jor. Please, repeat yourself..." I said quickly. He sighed and shook his head. "So, I've been talking to myself since eh? What are you thinking about sef?" "You na" I said jokingly. "Haha... If I hear " he said, laughing."So how them boys na,I'm sure they are queuing for u" he teased. "Which boys eh,abeg no whine me" I replied. "ehn GL of life! how's your friend na?" He asked. "The mumu girl is kuku fine" I replied innocently.

The journey was smooth and there was no traffic (ope o!),so we got there quite fast.
We eventually arrived at the place. It was a fast food place at Surulere. It was below my expectations but I go sha manage am like that. All for love. We placed our orders. I requested for a snack and my precious fanta pineapple. He placed his order and we started gisting. We discussed random topics for a while, cracked jokes and all. Then, he cleared his throat ."Err, GL there's something I wanna discuss with you". "Finally! He's gonna pop the question I've been dying to hear", I thought. "Yes? I'm listening..." my heart was racing. Lord help me. "I have a crush on your friend and I need your help" "w-o-o-w" I swiftly raised my head, accidentally spilling my drink in the process. "Yes, I love her so much and I dunno how to tell her..." he continued in a determined way, not caring whether I had just spilled my drink or not...
Kai!! Humans are wicked and heartless! After spending my last kobo trying to look beautiful for him, he had to break my heart in such a grand way...? What a romantic heart break. Taking me out on a date just to break my heart...? How cruel. "Awwwww, so sweet,tell her na.
 I forced a smile, wishing I could wake up from this nightmare. "Please, can u help me ehn GL? You know you're my friend na,what are friends for?" he pleaded. Quietly and slowly sipping the remains of my spilled drink, I stared down, wondering "What kind of zone is this???"

19 comments:

  1. LOL.... I won't be surprised if this tale is based on a real life story....... Captmuyizo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao G.L its noin dnt worry Anoda boy/man will come :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. gud one dear.....there r still lotta boys crushing on u...:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ore-ofe Shobukonla24 April 2014 at 04:43

    Wow....intriguing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant stop laughing....take heart sha
    That guy is wicked, he could have just asked you over the fone instead of giving you hopeless hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, as in,he just wanted to give GL a romantic heartbreak.

      Delete
  6. lmao.. Awwww! sweet sad story.. ur own guy is coming jare .. pele

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!
    Why don't you stylishly ask him, whether He knows that there is another friend of yours that is tripping for him?
    Wow! Am seriously rollicking on my chair right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOOL, was too heartbroken to talk jere... btw it's fiction.. thanks for reading

      Delete
  8. Lol... Kpele.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts,I like to hear from my readers :D